Monday, July 16, 2012

Transitions

It has been a few days since I have posted.  I am experiencing transition as a leader...once again.  I have found myself working for two companies as I leave one and begin a career with another.  As I spoke to one of my board members from the organization I am leaving, I was finding myself asking the critical question of what I want for this organization.  I have been a short-timer (3 years), but so many accomplishments have happened because of the people who have and do work here.  I hope that I am leaving with people knowing that they can accomplish so much with or without me.  More importantly, without me.  We have experienced leaving the nest and our parents hoping that they raised us right.  I think this is no different.  I have seen the people I work with grow personally and professionally.  I want them to continue on that path.  


There is an Irish proverb that I hope they all remember as I leave:





May the road rise up to meet you.
May the wind always be at your back.
May the sun shine warm upon your face,
and rains fall soft upon your fields.
And until we meet again,
May God hold you in the palm of His hand.





No comments:

Post a Comment