Tuesday, April 7, 2015

It's Been A Long Time

At a recent national conference, I learned that you are supposed to update your Google+ account. Then I was told at another presentation to make sure your LinkedIn profile was updated. At yet another meeting I heard that I need to check my privacy settings. During this infinite updating, I came across an annotation that I had a blog! Oh my, it has been a long time.

I started the blog as a principal of an elementary school. I saw it as a way to journal my experience as a principal. Interesting reading, but I am not sure if it was because I wrote it, or if truly is. Either way, the theme is the same for my blog...Leadership For Life. Now I am working for a nonprofit as a Vice President. The principal in me still comes out every once in a while, especially when I see coworkers running in the hall. When the fire alarms went off though, I was not for sure if it was a fire drill or a tornado drill. Do I exit the building or do I tuck myself against an interior wall? Wrong decision could be fatal.

Seems like many of the decisions I make in my current role still fall under the category of leadership. I continue to speak about leadership, but I have not made a deliberate attempt about blogging about it since 2013. Two years may seem like a long time, but in the fast paced and ever changing social media updates and profile changes and upgrades, it is a VERY long time. Hopefully, you won't have to wait another 2 years for a blog post.

Until the next time..

No comments:

Post a Comment