Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Road Trips

This week I am traveling with my boss.  We drove to Omaha first.  The first mission: get her daughter to Creighton.  CHECK! Second mission is to meet with contractors.  If there is anything I am learning is that I am able to be flexible.  Anyone who knows me well knows that can be a challenge for me.  

Last night after dinner we took a walk downtown Omaha.  If you never have it should be on your To Do list (http://www.oldmarket.com).  At one shop I found a journal.  My thoughts about journals is that you normally write deep secrets.  This one is to write all the awesome things in your day.  I needed that reminder.  Why not focus on the awesome...when your room key works at the hotel, when you see students return for school, chocolate raspberry frozen yogurt that is 95% fat free, when you get to travel with your new boss!

Flexibility can be tough but writing about awesomeness in your day helps keep everything in perspective.  What awesome things to happen today?

No comments:

Post a Comment